About Help Me Create a Humane San Diego
The Help Me Create a Humane San Diego fundraising program allows anyone to raise money for San Diego Humane Society on behalf of homeless pets.
You can participate in any way you want: from celebrating birthdays and weddings by asking for donations instead of gifts, to holding a bake sale to benefit San Diego Humane Society, Help Me Create a Humane San Diego makes it easy to set up a fundraising campaign, ask your friends and family to donate, and track your progress.
When you start a Help Me Create a Humane San Diego campaign, you'll get your own fundraising page. Use it to tell supporters why you're raising money to help animals. You can tell a story about why you care about animal welfare, write about your event or party, and even upload photos or videos to share your passion!
Get started with a personal fundraising campaign today!
About San Diego Humane Society
Serving San Diego County since 1880, San Diego Humane Society operates campuses in San Diego, Escondido, and Oceanside.
We provide vital services to animals and people by sheltering and adopting animals, providing positive reinforcement training classes, investigating animal cruelty and neglect, presenting education programs for youth and adults, and much more.
We are a private, nonprofit organization that is not affiliated with any other humane society or SPCA. San Diego Humane Society receives no government funding and is supported solely by contributions, grants, bequests, investments, proceeds from our retail store, and small fees for services.
To inspire and engage the community to end animal suffering.
To promote the humane treatment of animals, to prevent cruelty to animals, and provide education to enhance the human-animal bond.
Our Programs and Services Include:
- Adoptions: on-site and mobile (off-site). Every animal that we adopt out has been spayed or neutered, microchipped, is up-to-date on shots, and has been tested for health and behavior.
- Animal Adventure Camp (spring, winter, and summer break camps for youth).
- Animal control and stray pet services (Escondido, San Marcos, Poway, Oceanside and Vista).
- Animal cruelty and neglect investigations.
- Behavior helpline and private consultations.
- Boy and Girl Scout troop programs.
- Campus tours.
- Comprehensive medical and behavioral services for all animals in our care.
- Educational programs for youth and adults.
- Foster care program.
- Intake of owner-relinquished pets and pets from other shelters.
- Owner-requested euthanasia for terminally ill or suffering animals.
- PAWS San Diego: provides essential pet services and support to low-income seniors, chronically ill, and disabled individuals. This vital community service is the official safety net program of San Diego Humane Society.
- Pet-Assisted Therapy.
- Pet loss support group.
- Project Wildlife: the primary local resource for animal rehabilitation, conservation, and wildlife education.
- Positive reinforcement behavior and training classes for pet owners.
- Rescuing animals in emergency situations (Animal Rescue Reserve).
- School outreach and supplemental programs.
- Sheltering and adopting animals.
- Spay and neuter services.
- Vaccine clinics.
- Volunteer opportunities for youth, adults, and corporate groups.