We’re so excited to be participating in San Diego Humane Society's Day of Giving on Thursday, June 29, 2017!
San Diego Humane Society's Humane Law Enforcement has officers in the field seven days a week, handling a variety of animal cruelty complaints. Humane Officers get their enforcement powers from the California Corporations Code 14502, and can exercise the powers of a peace officer while investigating animal-related crimes.
While our primary focus is educating owners about proper care for their animals, we use the authority that we have been given to ensure every animal receives care as required by law. Animal cruelty encompasses behavior harmful to animals ranging from neglect or hoarding to malicious killing. Most cruelty investigated by Humane Officers is unintentional neglect that can be resolved through education. Intentional cruelty, or abuse, is knowingly depriving an animal of food, water, shelter, or veterinary care, or maliciously torturing, maiming, mutilating, or killing an animal.
Humane Officers also respond to and rescue animals from disasters in San Diego and surrounding areas with the assistance of the Humane Society's 24-hour volunteer-operated Animal Rescue Reserve.
Please support us as we raise money for the animals helped by San Diego Humane Society. Your donation will help provide food, medical care and a safe haven for thousands of animals, including:
• 16,000 animals who will be examined in our veterinary medical centers
• 15,000 homeless animals who will find new families
• 10,000 injured or orphaned animals who will be cared for by Project Wildlife
• 6,000 community-owned animals who will receive reduced cost spay/neuter operations performed by our surgeons
• 5,000 fragile kittens who will find a safe haven in our 24-hour-kitten nursery
• 3,000 sick, injured, or underage animals who will grow stronger in foster homes
…and so many more!
Please make a tax-deductible gift to support our participation in the Day of Giving. Whatever you give will help - every dollar makes a difference! We truly appreciate your support, as do the animals at San Diego Humane Society!