We’re so excited to be participating in San Diego Humane Society's Day of Giving on Thursday, June 29, 2017!
In addition to basic medical procedures, our team of veterinarians also performs lifesaving specialized surgeries, progressive treatments and rehabilitation services providing every sick and injured animal the comprehensive medical care they need and deserve.
A new medical hospital is currently under construction—the Pilar and Chuck Bahde Center for Shelter Medicine—which will not only increase our surgical space, but will also house a dental suite and provide intern and extern educational programs for veterinary students. A rise in spay and neuter needs and growing surgery education programs created a need for a larger facility to help SDHS's veterinary staff function more efficiently and effectively.
Since 2003, when the hospital was first built, we've more than tripled the number of animals we're treating, so expansion of the veterinary hospital is vital to accommodate the number of companion animals in need of help in our community. The 5,652-square-foot facility will offer more room and an improved workflow so veterinary staff will be able to help more animals—up to 70 at a time.
Please support us as we raise money for the animals helped by San Diego Humane Society. Your donation will help provide food, medical care and a safe haven for thousands of animals, including:
• 16,000 animals who will be examined in our veterinary medical centers
• 15,000 homeless animals who will find new families
• 10,000 injured or orphaned animals who will be cared for by Project Wildlife
• 6,000 community-owned animals who will receive reduced cost spay/neuter operations performed by our surgeons
• 5,000 fragile kittens who will find a safe haven in our 24-hour-kitten nursery
• 3,000 sick, injured, or underage animals who will grow stronger in foster homes
…and so many more!
Please make a tax-deductible gift to support our participation in the Day of Giving. Whatever you give will help - every dollar makes a difference! We truly appreciate your support, as do the animals at San Diego Humane Society!