Welcome to the fundraising page for our team, Two Tabby Cats!
After a hiatus last year, we are back and doing our fifth Walk for Animals! We are exciting to be walking again this year.
Our team is small but mighty. The core team consists of Francesca Johnson, Stefanie Johnson Shipman, and Eric Shipman, but we've walked with family members and friends along the way.
The team is named for the orange tabby cats in our lives that we love deeply: Marley and Hoss.
Marley turned 18 years old this year, and he's looking forward to voting in the next election. He is the king of the castle at Stefanie and Eric's and the protector of his human kitten siblings named Iris and Oliver. Marley loves to sing his songs and jump in the bathtub after his humans take showers.
Hoss was the beloved family cat of Francesca and her husband, Randy. Hoss passed away in spring 2016 at the age of 15. He died peacefully of old age in his cozy home, and while his family still misses him daily, they are left with many fond memories of Hoss whose fur was the brightest orange you ever did see. Hoss loved to talk and pet his humans.
We walk in honor of Hoss.
Please support us as we raise money for the animals at San Diego Humane Society. Your donation will help provide food, medical care and a safe haven for thousands of animals in need.
With your support, we can save them.
This year, San Diego Humane Society will save the lives of more than 30,000 animals.
- More than 15,000 homeless animals will find new homes
- Our foster program will provide a second chance to 3,000 sick, injured, or underage animals
- 16,000 animals will be examined in our veterinary medical centers
- Humane Law Enforcement officers will respond to more than 8,000 calls of animals in need
- Project Wildlife will care for more than 10,000 injured or orphaned wildlife
- Our surgeons will perform nearly 6,000 reduced cost spay/neuter operations on community-owned animals
- Our 24-hour-kitten nursery will serve as a safe haven to 5,500 newborn, orphaned kittens
Please make a tax-deductible gift to sponsor our participation in the Walk for Animals - San Diego. Whatever you give will help - every dollar makes a difference! We truly appreciate your support, as do the animals at San Diego Humane Society!