Welcome to my fundraising page!
January 2017 a call for help was given to the SDHS to rescue the largest, most gruesome hoarding situation. A couple in Poway were hoarding Yorkie mixed dogs. The SDHS stepped in to find at least 92 dogs sequestered in one room of this couple’s home. Feces, urine and unhealthy conditions along with a mouse infestation were found in this one room that the dogs were surviving in. It was discovered later that they were “hiding” another 31 or so in their restaurant in Poway and the woman was caught in Nevada in an RV with 42 or so more, Lacey was one of them! This couple had to face felony charges. In all, the SDHS rescued 180 Yorkie mix dogs after all the puppies had been born. Each and every dog was in poor health with parasites, dental disease, ear infections and none had been spayed or neutered. The SDHS spent thousands of dollars to get these dogs back to health so that they could be adopted. Many people applied for the job of taking care of these dogs. Our team, #92 Yorkies Happily Ever After, are the lucky ones who have adopted these sweet little dogs. The dogs have had a rough beginning but we are here to love them for the rest of their lives.
I'm so excited to be participating in San Diego Humane Society's Walk for Animals - San Diego on Saturday, May 5, 2018!
Please support me as I raise money for the animals at San Diego Humane Society. Your donation will help provide food, medical care and a safe haven for thousands of animals in need.
With your support, we can save them.
This year, San Diego Humane Society will save the lives of more than 30,000 animals.
* More than 15,000 homeless animals will find new homes
* Our foster program will provide a second chance to 3,000 sick, injured, or underage animals
* 16,000 animals will be examined in our veterinary medical centers
* Humane Law Enforcement officers will respond to more than 8,000 calls of animals in need
* Project Wildlife will care for more than 10,000 injured or orphaned wildlife
* Our surgeons will perform nearly 6,000 reduced cost spay/neuter operations on community-owned animals
* Our 24-hour-kitten nursery will serve as a safe haven to 5,500 newborn, orphaned kittens
Please make a tax-deductible gift to sponsor our participation in the Walk for Animals - San Diego. Whatever you give will help - every dollar makes a difference! We truly appreciate your support, as do the animals at San Diego Humane Society!